The lights are on...
Here are more pictures of the RFK construction from NatsFanY2K.
There's not much of note going on, as the team marches toward its first spring training game, one week from today. Here's a rundown of everything that's even remotely notable:
- Osuna still has not reported to camp, due to his ill father. This is still an excused absence.
- Francis Beltran has tendinitis that might require surgery. At best, it will be a few weeks before he's at full strength.
- Bowden said the team's expecations for Castilla are in line with his pre-Coors numbers, which indicates that Bowden is not quite as oblivious as other bloggers seem to think he is...
- Bowden signed Carlos Baerga to a minor league deal. He'll compete for a utility infielder role.
- The perpetrator of the first clubhouse prank? Esteban Loaiza.
- Sledge claims he didn't know he was using steroids.
- Eight firms have thrown their hat in the ring to design the new ballpark.