Saturday, February 26, 2005

All Nationals

As a blogger, I'm finding spring training to be frustrating, as the articles keep flowing, without any real content. The only things I've learned of note over the past few days is that MLB and Angelos are close to a deal (one that will be unfair to the Nationals) and the radio announcers will be Charlie Slowes (formerly the Wizards announcer) and Dave Shea (formerly the Bruins announcer... we can guess why he's making the move over to baseball).

I do have an announcement of my own. On March 15th, I'm going to be leaving blogger and joining the team over at All-Baseball. The blogspot web address will just point to the old posts, but the nationalspastime.com URL will follow me over there.

I've always thought highly of the team that All-Baseball fields. I've been a daily reader of several of the blogs, particularly Bronx Banter. I know that some of my fellow Nats' bloggers like to knock Will Carroll, but, though he's made mistakes as pretty much all men have, I've always found his writing interesting, particularly his "under the knife" series over at Baseball Prospectus.

Anyway, I'm itching for something to analyze, but (unless something substantial happens) I'll probably return after the weekend to report on more scraps of largely uninteresting news!

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Congrats, John. Your site'll fit in and -- I hope -- do well over there.

Meanwhile, it's not possible to overstate how good the writing and analysis are at Dodger Thoughts on All Baseball. Really. Skim the archives from last september's dodger playoff stretch run for a real treat. Commenting community is excellent too. With apologies, John, it's the best sports blog I've ever run across.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger John said...

Sam,

I agree with you about the quality of Dodger Thoughts. I've been impressed with all of their blogs, which is why I'm so excited about being in the lineup. Bronx Banter has always been my most religious read, simply because it covers the Yankees ;-)

I don't mind not being the best baseball blog, as long as I've got something to offer that people find valuable. As a matter of fact, I don't even think I'm the best Nationals blog... how could anyone ever hope to top Ball Wonk?

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Basil said...

Great job, John! You do excellent work, and I'm sure you'll be a great addition there.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger El Gran Color Naranja said...

That's great news. All-baseball has always been a good read, if not great. Tough acts to live up to, but based on what I've read here you can do it.

Soon National bloggers will take over the world. (with Ball Wonk as our king, of course)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home