Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ticket update

It looks like I'll be blogging from the Diamond Boxes until the cost drives me into bankruptcy, and they come repossess my computers!

The Nats ticket office had sympathy for that snafu that befell me, and found someone who wasn't going to keep their seats. I ended up with two seats in section 113 (first base side). I'm in row 7 (there are 10 rows in that section).

Of course, I shouldn't really spend such a tremendous amount of money on these seats, so people who want to pay to go to an occasional game in my place and are willing to pay face price should let me know in private. Ultimately, I'd like to unload about 1/2 the dates on the calendar, primarily weekday games, and certainly not opening day, or anything like that.

All in all, I'm very happy, but still a bit apprehensive about the possibility of having to eat thousands of dollars I don't really want to eat :-)

8 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Yuda said...

I'd send this in private, but I can't find your email anywhere.

I'd like to buy a pair of these from you for one game. However, my wife is unconvinced.

So, I guess, put me down as a "tentative yes," because I'm going to keep working on her.

jpyuda at pobox dot com if you need to get back to me in email

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the snafu?

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger COD said...

What is the face value on the tickets?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger John said...

I'm viega at securesoftware (.com).

About that snafu... I'd signed up for diamond box as my first preference before I found out the price. I figured they'd be about $60 a seat, and I was having serious, serious heartburn at $90. I mean, how good is the buffet going to be, anyway? So I went into the ticket office in person and talked to one of the people there about potentially redoing my preferences. While there, the lady I'd talked to messed up my preferences, basically.

As for the face value, I am paying $90 per seat that I want to recover for about 40 games. I suspect that the "real" face is $99 or $100, as they were talking about season ticket holders getting a 10% discount. If I sell them for $100, I only have to sell 36 games, and can eat 4. If I sell them on stubhub, I'll bet I can get away with selling only 20 at $200 each. I'm not sure I want to do that, though!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I have two proposals for you:
1.) I am willing to switch with you for your entire season ticket plan, with my plan (section 131, row 9, two seats, $35 each), paying the difference of course.

2.) If this doesn't work for you, I would be willing to purchase some games. Please send me an e-mail. Thanks!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger John said...

Stephanie,

You didn't leave an address. I'm definitely keeping the seats, particularly since I've gotten dozens of responses in the past hour. For people who are emailing me, give me some time to assess the demand and get back to you.

Man, I didn't realize so many people read this blog, particularly from the law firm of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr ;-)

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger rncfa2005 said...

I am one of the lucky ones and estatic about my assigned seats. I have about 30 games (4 tickets, diamond section 114) that I will not be using. Though if I thought they wouldn't miss me at the office I might try... I would prefer that these go to a fan (at face value) rather than to a ticket broker. The prices I see posted by the major ticket brokers are insane! If any interest, email me at rncfa@yahoo.com. Go Nats!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger sickshow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home