Friday, January 28, 2005

Saturday activities

The D.C. chapter of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) is having their annual winter meeting tomorrow, at the Key Bridge Holiday Inn, in Rosslyn. Tony Tavares is a special speaker, and there will be research presentations, etc. It's $30 at the door and runs from 9:30 till 4:30.

I'm going to be going to this. If people are interested in meeting up, I think drinks and dinner afterward would be good. Just look for me at the convention. There's a small picture of me here. Or, you can email me today, and I'll send you my cel number so that we can coordinate once we get there. I suspect being a Holiday Inn, they'll have free wireless, so you probably could also email me tomorrow. See the comments of my last post for my email address.

For people who are excited to meet the players, Brad Wilkerson and Brian Schneider will be at the D.C. Health and Fitness Expo from 3pm till 5pm tomorrow. That event is being held at the new convention center.

I suspect you'll have to get there quite a bit earlier than 3 to stand in line to meet the players. I remember standing in line for hours to meet Bucky Dent as a kid... I never did get to meet him, because one of my parents took me out of line after a few hours, but my grandfather kept waiting, and eventually got me an autographed picture that I still have to this day, even though it's pretty banged up.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to an email sent out by SABR DC meeting organizers earlier this week, Kevin Uhlich will apparently be standing in for Tavares at the meeting, talking about the "business end of the move from Montreal to DC." Paul White of Sports Weekly has also been added to talk about the players in the Nats system.

Ref: http://www.districtofbaseball.com/node/27

Jeff

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger John said...

Whoops, sorry for the sloppy reporting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home