Friday, January 21, 2005

Bush-league ballgame

George Bush is confirmed to be throwing out the first pitch at our home opener on April 14th. My 6 year old daughter will sure be excited to see the President. Mayor Williams will probably get the nod for the exhibition game on April 3rd.

In other news, the Post looks at RFK, and declares that it will be neutral, or at least pretty close. I tend to agree, even though the general word is that it will play as a bit of a pitcher's park. I think the edge will be slight.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Basil said...

I think I'm going to lean toward close to neutral until I see otherwise, too. I seem to recall a new park opening a few years ago where all the hitters'/pitchers' prediction were dead wrong. I can't remember which park it was, though. Cincinnati, maybe?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

Hell, even after the park's built, the players don't usually get it right. (See: Yards, Camden)

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic, but note website seating chart has changed to show section numbers and Nationals dugout will be on third base side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home