Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Lineup speculation

The Washington Times listened to Robinson say he doesn't know what the lineup is going to look like, and claims it is as good as set anyway, assuming no trades.

They basically see the following:

1. Chavez (CF)
2. Vidro (2B)
3. Wilkerson (LF)
4. Guillen (RF)
5. Castilla (3B)
6. Johnson (1B)
7. Schneider (C)
8. Guzman (SS)

Bennett would bat 8th when catching. If Livan is pitching and Schneider isn't catching, then maybe Livan should bat 8th :-) That doesn't happen too often.

Anyway, I've been thinking of registering bench-endy-chavez.com. As much as I would rather not have Wilkerson's power in the leadoff spot or his glove in CF, I would prefer it to playing Chavez. I'd prefer something like this:

1. Wilkerson (CF)
2. Johnson (1B)
3. Vidro (2B)
4. Guillen (RF)
5. Castilla (3B)
6. Schneider (C)
7. Sledge (LF)
8. Guzman (SS)

If Guzman could ever learn to walk, he'd be a good leadoff hitter, but I don't expect that to happen, ever. Johnson's a good OBP guy and doesn't have tons of power, so he'd actually be excellent as a lead off hitter. He'll never get the job, because he doesn't fit the mold, because he's pretty slow. That's too non-traditional to happen, but he should still be batting in the top of the order. Vidro's got more power, and I hope that when healthy, Nick will have a higher OBP, so Vidro seems a better fit for batting 3rd.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Josh said...

John, you've inspired me. I lauched about 10 minutes ago.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger John said...

Josh,

Welcome to the neighborhood. I'll give you a link to the right w/ the rest of the active DC baseball blogs. BTW, I also think the Senators and Sabermetrics blog is dead. I suspect if you fail to post for a week w/o giving any indication that you're going somewhere, you're going to lose most of your audience. I actually gave that one and ScoreKeeping about 2 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home