Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Chipotle experience

Yesterday I appeared in public for the first time in a Nats cap (I would kill for a ski hat) and sweatshirt, stopping by the Manassas Chipotle on my way to the airport. Even though I was all the way out in the boonies, I could hear three conversations start about the gear I was wearing. Plus, one guy who was eating alone came up to me to ask where I got the gear (answer: any sporting goods store in the area is already stocking gear).

It seems that even people in the outer edge of the burbs (and beyond, like me) are really excited about having a team; I hope that bodes well for the franchise.

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

I spent Thanksgiving in Minneapolis with my girlfriend's family. Everywhere I went, I wore my red Nats hat and I was careful to notice people's reactions.

I got a lot of funny looks. Obviously, no one there had any clue what it was. They probably just assumed I was a fan of the President.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any Nats gear down here in F'burg yet. My Red Sox 2004 World Champions hat has generated some conversation though :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Knuckles said...

mmm, Chipotle.

has anyone come across a fitted Nats cap yet? I want one for myself as well as my dad and bro, but have yet to see them in stores.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger John said...

I haven't seen fitted caps yet, and they're clearly not shipping from the web site. If they're going to have them, the new merch store will have them, I suppose. The press release contained a phone number that you might want to call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home