Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Both sides victors, both sides villians

Here's the first post-accord anti-MLB editorial. I personally think that MLB didn't give up much that it hadn't already given up, but Cropp's supporters will spin it to make her look like the hero. I suppose I don't care much, and will not editorialize more than I already have... I'm just thankful that this appears to be getting resolved.

Update: The Washington Times has a funny piece that is more in line with my perspective on the matter. Here's my favorite part:

D.C. City Council members David Catania and Adrian Fenty should have their feet held to the fire over the District's school system and health care since they have crowned themselves champions of the poor in this debate. If those institutions are not any better the next time council members are up for a vote, District residents know who to hold accountable. If they can't do any more than talk the talk, let them take a walk.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger Elrod said...

Most of that article was written before the deal came out. She tacked on the last paragraph literally minutes ago. Very strange.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Catania fought like hell to keep DC General open. It was the Mayor, in concert with the Control Board, that fought to close it. No one has fought for health care like Catania has. No one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home