Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Miscellaneous news

Today I noticed that you can browse job openings within the D.C. Baseball organization online here. I'm sure if my co-workers are reading this, they're officially frightened.

Also, many proposed amendments to the most current stadium legislation were defeated today. The only one that passed would prevent baseball officials from having veto rights over some aspects of stadium design and construction. The new legislation was introduced yesterday, and added a $450M community investment package. It also raises the threshold that makes businesses eligible for the special tax, setting it at $4M annual revenue (up from $3M). The Post reports that this exempts a few hundred companies.

Finally, MLB.com reports a rumor that Bowden has made a multi-year offer to Batista, who apparently enjoyed this area when he played with the Orioles, and would like to relocate here.

3 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Coach Waddles said...

Hey -- I found your site via Alex's, and I look forward to coming back throughout the off-season. I especially like the player profiles. By the way, if the team becomes the Washington Grays, they just might be my favorite National League team. Could you keep us posted on the naming process?

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Knuckles said...

good to see this blog- I'm a New Jersey native and huge Yankee fan who's been living in Arlington for the past 3 years. looking fwd to having baseball nearby and the increased exposure I'll get to the NL.

I'll be sure to bookmark your blog.

me and some buddies have a random blog that we update occasionally, mainly in a sarcastic way...my posts tend to have a Yankee slant to them
http://baseballwiseguys.blogspot.com/

mattrobinson77(at)hotmail.com

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger John said...

By the way, Matt, I just spent a bunch of time reading your blog, and it's quite good. I've added it to my list of regular baseball readings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home