Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's official

Another brief update while I enjoy my vacation, but as I'm sure everyone knows, the Washington team is now officially the Nationals, and the team also unveiled their new logo. MLB has also opened their new web site, nationals.com, which already has tons of mechandise available.

On the field, Bowden has announced that we'll retain pitching coach Randy St. Claire. He'll also keep Tom McCraw (last year's hitting coach), Bob Natal (last year's catching and bullpen coach) and Eddie Rodriguez (last year's bench coach), though Bowden seems likely to shuffle these guys around. It's likely that two of the three will end up as base coaches, as Bowden clearly wants someone better to work with pitchers in the bullpen, and is hoping to find a better hitting instructor.

The team's new home page also has a few new articles:


3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog looks like it could be good reading next year, but I have to make a request which I think will improve the site: Please re-do the color scheme.

There is not enough contrast between the text and the background (gray on light gray) and it makes hard reading, esp. at the somewhat small font-size. But if anything, the lime green hyperlinks are even harder to read.

Thx.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Kranepool said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. Great stuff so far on your blog. I write a Mets blog The Eddie Kranepool Society www.theeddiekranepoolsociety.blogspot.com,

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger John said...

Thanks, guys.

I tried a different template, but it only seems to address your issues a bit. I'll be back from vacation by the end of the weekend, so I'll futz with the colors then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home