Friday, November 05, 2004

Conflicting reports on the team name

According to All-Baseball.com, New Era, a company making baseball caps, has leaked information that MLB has chosen the Grays. It's clear that the name is already chosen, it seems likely that it won't be the Senators, but I think that's all we can say for sure at this time.

Also, the Post reports that DC City Council Chairwoman Linda Cropp proposed an alternate cheaper stadium plan out next to the current RFK site. I can't imagine that being overly popular with MLB, and Tavares expresses similar concerns.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I'd believe the Times over Carroll.
By the way, anybody notice that the Times had this story front and center this morning, and the Post had nothing? I wonder if the Post is going to do anything about constantly getting beat like this.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger John said...

Personally, the Times didn't sound too authoritative on the matter, and it sounded like New Era is actually proposing actual designs for the Grays and not for a collection of possibilities that includes the Grays. But, it isn't well enough explained. Maybe I am just being hopeful, since I prefer the Grays!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I do too, though it would destroy the "Carroll is always wrong" theme I've had going on. Either way, I picked a dumb name for my blog.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger WFY said...

The Post caught up with the story and it looks like that MLB would let the name change when the team moves into the new ballpark, so Nationals would not be forever. I still think Grays would be the best political move, which is why MLB will probably drop the ball or let it go under their legs Buckner style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home