Tuesday, November 02, 2004

About me

Personally, I've been a lifelong Yankees fan. One of my first memories is Bucky Dent lifting one over the green monster. My family moved to the D.C. area when I was 6. My mother wanted to be able to have a real home team, so she began rooting for the Orioles, even though she'd been a life-long Yankees fan, prior to that.

Me, I have never stopped rooting for the Yankees, for better or for worse. In fact, I've taken a lot of flack recently. I sit on the board of directors for my employer, and two of the other board members are from Boston. We had a meeting the day of Game 4 of the World Series, and they had ready for me a hat labeled, "Boston Red Sox, American League Champions". I tried to be a good sport about it, and wore the thing through the whole meeting, and not from fear of losing my job ;-)

Yet, I'll be an enthusiastic supporter of our new team. Since the two teams won't be playing each other in 2005, I'll have a lot of time to decide how to deal with that conflict when it occurs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home